At completion of course, students will:
- Receive Certificate with a passing grade of 70% or better on In-house (AgentPrep) Exam. Student can then (with Certificate of Completion provided by AgentPrep) register with PSI Testing to take CT Salespersons examination.
- Understand the real estate transaction process from Offer to Closing as well distinguishing between Real Property and Personal Property.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Agency (single, dual, designated) and differences between a client and a customer. Learn Buyer Agency and its importance to the agent/buyer relationship and the legal need to have Buyers properly represented. Also, how to facilitate Unrepresented Parties.
- Learn the function of the Broker and how it relates to the Practice of Real Estate.
- Understand Client Representation Agreements (actual CT Association of Realtor Contracts), Types of Agency and the Real Estate Agent’s fiduciary responsibility to the Client – Sellers and Buyers.
- Understand the forms of Co-ownership and Ownership interests in Real Estate
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge CT Real Estate Licensing Laws and its relationship with their future Real Estate practice.
- Learn how-to calculate Real Estate Taxes, CT Conveyance Tax and understand Transfer of Title and types of deeds. How Deeds are recorded at Town/City Clerk.
- Have Firm comprehension in the basics of Contract theory and its relationship to Real Estate contracts that students will be using in future Practice.
- Demonstrate importance of Leases and issues such as dealing with security deposits and the finer points of a CT Association of realtors lease. Also, CT Law Rights of Tenants and Landlords.
- Understand Environmental Issues found in home as a result of a Home inspection (done by CT licensed Inspector) that can be hazardous to the agent’s buyer or seller. Also, how to determine if a Hazardous site is near a property a buyer wants to purchase (CT Law).
- Learn the function of a Property Manager as a general agent employed by a Landlord.
- Understand Legal Land descriptions used in CT and Other parts of the country. The use of Police Power by the government to enact zoning laws and their significance in the agent’s role. Also, learn basics of Property Development and Sub Divisions.
- Learn how Financing is integral to the real estate buying process and how buyers qualify for a mortgage and their options. Also, Government Policies in Lending etc.
- Learn basics of Appraisal – Various methods Appraisers use to value different types of Real Estate.
- Discover and understand the significance of Federal and State Fair housing Laws. How to protect against discrimination of “Protected Classes” of people in the Real Estate transaction.
- Understand the Closing of the Real Estate Transaction (the where, when and how) and how to calculate adjustments to Seller and Buyer in Closing Disclosure Form.
- Be very prepared to Pass the State Licensing Test!